Launch of Knight Debt Advisory
The team at Knight Corporate Finance have launched a new business, Knight Debt Advisory, with the specific aim of advising SMEs on debt funding. The new venture will be led by Max Ward who’s past includes high impact roles at banking success story Aldermore, as well as Barclays and GE, even building his own aspiring bank and working in Finance Director and Non-Exec roles within SMEs. Max comes to the role exceptionally well qualified and will be supported by the team at Knight Corporate Finance, the boutique advisory firm focused on the telecoms, media and technology sector.
“I am proud and excited to be launching Knight Debt Advisory. The market is in a state of flux as legacy players reposition themselves, challengers scale and new entrants deliver new services via established and new models. Whilst business owners may not necessarily feel it, the market conditions are quite possibly better than they ever have been for raising money.
Making sense of that landscape, however, can be a real challenge for business owners, who may not know the full span of options available to them nor what a good deal necessarily looks like. Being able to utilise my knowledge and contacts to support business owners was the driver for launching and with Paul Billingham, Adam Zoldan and the rest of the team at Knight Corporate Finance, I have experienced partners alongside me to ensure we can deliver first class support to companies up and down the country”.
Knight Debt Advisory will operate from their London and Warrington offices and will focus on helping UK companies raise between £5m and £50m in five distinct ways:
- raising innovative debt structures to accelerate the growth of early-stage business who are presently only served by venture capital and angels.
- raising debt to already scaled SME businesses who wish to grow via M&A.
- facilitating an exit or succession plan for business owners looking to maximise value.
- refinancing facilities for companies whose legacy covenants are prohibitive to trade.
- supporting the private equity and venture capital community by leveraging their efforts to deploy more capital and enhance the prospect of invested companies.
Paul Billingham, one of the founding members of Knight Corporate Finance commented “We are delighted to welcome Max to the group and start the journey of delivering value to our clients through Knight Debt Advisory. We share Max’s vision for the business and recognise in Max we have someone not only with a unique background but someone who is also aligned with our founder-led ethos of having walked in the shoes of management”.